Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Customizing your IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen

You may have seen these mini kitchens before, the IKEA DUKTIG is a popular choice when it comes to play kitchen’s. It’s stylish, affordable and makes for one heck of a good tweak.

Customizing this play set can be as simple as changing the colour palette or as complex as making elaborate changes. The sky’s the limit!

Here’s how we personalized our daughter, Olivia’s kitchen to match her adorable room.

MATERIALS

  • IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen
  • Gold Spray Paint (I used Krylon ColorMaster, Metallic Gold & White Flat)
  • Paint (I used Raspberry Daiquiri (P5236-34D) & standard white from PARA Paints)
  • Knobs (from HomeSense)

With any IKEA piece, assembly is always required. I found it easiest to assemble the set into three pieces—the base, the countertop and the microwave top.  This allows for easy painting without having to tape certain sections.

To make this kitchen seamlessly fit right into Olivia’s whimsical room decor, I chose the same paint colours from her bedroom.  The base of the kitchen is pink and the top received a coat of white for a little added contrast.

Once your paint is dry you can finish assembling the rest of the kitchen.

Since the countertop receives the most wear and tear by Olivia. I left this as is.  In my case, the natural wood works well in her room.  I would not recommend paint, this will definitely chip over time. If you do want to dress up the countertop, either a stain or contact paper is the better choice.

All hooks, hardware, faucet, sink, oven trim and rod were spray painted in either gold or white. I also found some cute knobs to go above the oven which I drilled right into the wood.

Of course no kitchen is complete without a few cute accessories.

The wooden stool is another IKEA product which I painted, it belongs to Olivia’s reading nook which you can see more of here.

I foresee many years of play with this IKEA DUKTIG play kitchen. It’s sweet, soft (in colour), and exactly what I envisioned.

Have you created your own version of the DUKTIG play kitchen? Tag me in your photos, I would love to see!

The post Customizing your IKEA DUKTIG Play Kitchen appeared first on Pink Little Notebook.



from Pink Little Notebook http://ift.tt/2hWrgza

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Covid-19 Affects the Housing Market in College Towns

The Covid-19 pandemic has led to major lifestyle changes. That could significantly impact the housing market in college towns, according to ...