Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Living Room Refresh – Adding a New Sofa

Our living room is getting a refresh!

Since our renovation, almost three years ago, our living room has barely been used.  Although I love the bones of this room, I didn’t put much thought into the use of this space, nor did I invest in any proper furniture.

If you’re following my progress on Insta Stories, I’m trying to make this space a little more practical for both everyday living and entertaining. The first thing I’m addressing is the lack of seating.

Currently we have two club chairs in this space.  Adding a sofa to our existing layout would be beneficial in so many ways. Since the living room is the first space you see when you walk through our front door, I had two requirements. ONE. It has to look stylish; and TWO. Comfort is a must!

Meet the Kits Cascadia Blue Sofa.  This velvety blue goodness is from Article, an online-only retailer of modern furniture.  What I found intriguing about this Company is there’s no showrooms, no sales people, no middleman, which helps make their pricing very competitive.  I was beyond excited to partner up with them to make my living room dreams come true.

So, are you curious on how a single push of a button, no heavy lifting, mail-order sofa works?  Here’s my personal experience.

Shipping is a breeze. Delivery fees for any large item on Article’s site is just $49, and there’s no additional duties or taxes to be paid at the door.  The delivery team schedules a date and time that works for you.  The sofa arrives in a giant box, and if you opted for the inside room + assembly service as I did (Article has three delivery options at different price points) they’ll remove your new furniture from its packaging and set it up where you’d like in your space.

I will admit, at first, I was kind of skeptical of the quality and thought “I hope this isn’t going to be one of those low-grade sofas”.  You know, the ones that you have no problem lifting with one arm to get the vacuum cleaner underneath.  After all, I did order a sofa off the Internet, right!?

WRONG.  All I got to say is this ain’t no budget quality. It’s a legit heavy duty-sofa, (which for your information, cannot be moved solo).

But judging the quality of a sofa goes much deeper than its appearance and weight. One of the most important aspects to look at is how the frame is constructed. The best frame is made out of kiln-dried solid wood, which this particular sofa is made out of.  The process of kiln drying removes all moisture from the wood, enabling it to retain its shape and stability over a long period of time.

The brass cubic base and blue velvet combo gives off a luxurious feel and the 42″ depth makes this the perfect lounging sofa. The blue velvet cushions (six to be exact) are all included with this item. These are not attached to the sofa and can be arranged to your preference. I absolutely love the fact that I’m able to put my feet up and curl into a corner with a book.

Article does provide a 30-day return period if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase.  Just an extra piece of mind especially when it comes to larger pieces for your home.

Overall, I’m quite happy with my newest addition for our living room. It’s a great start and I can’t wait to finish this space off with a few other items. Be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates!

 

Disclosure:  This post was done in partnership with Article. As always, this post reflects my honest thoughts and opinions. 

 

The post Living Room Refresh – Adding a New Sofa appeared first on Pink Little Notebook.



from Pink Little Notebook https://ift.tt/2E0uudp

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Covid-19 Affects the Housing Market in College Towns

The Covid-19 pandemic has led to major lifestyle changes. That could significantly impact the housing market in college towns, according to ...