Thursday, October 25, 2018

My DIY Master Walk-In Closet Reveal

Drum roll please. . . our walk-in closet is FINALLY DONE!

This project is an exciting one for me.

For starters, this makeover marks the completion of phase 1 (of 3) in our master bedroom.  Our neglected space is slowly getting a new “grown up” look and feel. Goodbye starter furniture from 10 years ago.

Secondly, this mama is ready for some major change and an organizational overhaul.

So it only makes sense to kick start #ProjectMaster with this walk-in closet.

This space is small but mighty. Coming up with a plan was half the battle. After doing research on different types of prefab modular closet systems, I realized the standard size units were not going to fit.

Instead, we DIY’ed our own custom closet built-ins from scratch, which we constructed out of plywood.  To maximize storage space, we created our units from floor to ceiling.

To keep things looking bright and sleek, the built-in design is kept simple and painted white.

The gold closet rodswooden hangers and plush rug add a touch of luxury to the all-white palette.

Long gone are the days where I tried to balance my heels on wire racks.

I finally have proper shoe storage.

And lots of it!

A custom closet wouldn’t be complete without drawers and a countertop. To break up the white, I added this fun colourful wallpaper from Milton & King.

The popcorn ceilings were smoothed out and the light was an inexpensive fixture I bought from my local hardware store. I spray painted it gold to match the closet rods.

White drapes are used to camouflage the oversized window partially covered by our closet unit.  The closet door is removed to create an open concept.

I’m so thrilled with this makeover.  Never in a million years did I think organizing your closet would be so life changing.  It really makes all the different.

My biggest hope is that these before and after’s show someone that they can turn their dark cluttered mess into something that gives them life.

Click through these links to see more from our master closet series:

Designing my walk-in closet
5 Things to know before revamping your walk-in closet
Installing our built-in closet system (with pricing)

The post My DIY Master Walk-In Closet Reveal appeared first on Pink Little Notebook.



from Pink Little Notebook https://ift.tt/2JioY9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Covid-19 Affects the Housing Market in College Towns

The Covid-19 pandemic has led to major lifestyle changes. That could significantly impact the housing market in college towns, according to ...